A light-duty variation on the touring bike with similar geometry in a more performance-oriented style, typically with lighter tubing, and less tire clearance.
Typical attributes include:
- Upright riding position relative to performance road bikes
- Medium-long chainstays for weight distribution, and for providing clearance between panniers and the rider's heels
- Higher trail than traditional road bikes for loaded stability
- Mounting points for fenders, kickstand, and racks for panniers
- Narrower tires than a full touring bike, typically 32-44mm wide
Primary Bar Type: Drop Bar